Mr. & Miss Juneteenth: 9th - 12th Grade
Jr. Mr. & Miss Juneteenth: 6th - 8th Grade
Little Mr. & Miss Juneteenth: 3rd - 5th Grade
Mini Mr. & Miss Juneteenth: Kindergarten - 2nd Grade
January 4 - January 20
Notification of Acceptance
Friday, January 20, 2023
Saturday, January 28, 2023
February 4,7,11,18,21, & 25
March 4,7,11,21,25 & 31
Voting & Fundraising
March 1st - 31st
Saturday, April 22 2023
Only 3 contestants will be accepted per ranking.
Eligibility & Participation Requirements
- Must be in K-12th Grade in the Homewood-Flossmoor area (towns in District 153, 161, 233)
Entry Fee (to be collected after acceptance into contest) | Includes: Juneteenth T-shirt and Professional Headshot with Juneteenth Frame
- Kindergarten-5th Grade: $35
- 6th-12th Grade: $50
- Kindergarten - 2nd Grade Video Submission: Upload a video of you answering the question: What is Juneteenth? (no longer than 2 minutes)
- 3rd-5th Grade Essay Submission: In a 50-word or 250 character essay, answer the question: Why is Juneteenth Celebrated?
- 6th-8th Grade Essay Submission: In a 100-word or 500 characters essay, answer the question: Why do you celebrate Juneteenth?
- 9th-12th Grade Essay Submission: In a 250-word or 1250 characters essay answer the question: How do I maximize the opportunities afforded me today because of those who sacrificed before me?